Cool Quote

"Along with great power, comes a great need to take a nap!" -Nico Di Angelo (Persy Jackson and the Olympians)















Sunday, May 22, 2011

Billy Elliot the musical

     I recently (Yesterday) went to see the musical Billy Elliot. It was AMAZING!!! Soooo cool! The topic was really inspiring about a boy who wanted to dance, yet it could have easily gotten serious. This amazing show though was chock full of funny humor, slapstick and just...well...FUNNY!
     Favourite parts? Hmmm...thats tough, the whole play was so good. The dances were really something. 


     Favourite characters? Gotta say the Grandma! Hilarious!! Michael was cool too! He was soo funny!


     Favourite quotes? "William Elliot Is Queer?" "It says Esquire!!!!!" Favourite songs? Hmm...also tough, I love the song Happy Christmas Maragaret Thatcher, Solidarity was stuck in my head for a while, also that random song with the dancing clothes. Dont ask...Just watch. The commercials are right..."If you're gonna see a musical this year, make sure its Billy Elliot" I had a blast.


     Another great thing about musicals in general is the food. I had a coconut, chocolate macaroon. Amazing! The whole event was perfect...except for the fact I made a stupid decision to wear shoes I haven't worn in over a year. Now I have blisters...YUCK! Sooo other than that minor problem the whole thing was amazing...YOU MUST WATCH IT!!


     Something also awesome is how talented the performers are. The guy who played Michael was actually an understudy. He was one of the many 'Billy's' kinda cool huh? I mean he knew Billy's lines AND Michaels lines And all the songs AND all the dances. Wow!!! Thats just one example.


     Now to quote one of the common phrases in the play "what'cha doing man?"
What are you doing? You should go see this show! If you already have good for you! TA-TA!!!


Have I mentioned that Elton John is a genius! The music was amazing Music by Elton John...he must be proud.

1 comment:

  1. You got to see it!!!???!!! I really want to see Billy Elliot! Lucky Duck.

    ReplyDelete